6 Reasons Why I don’t like Facebook April 5, 2009Posted by rebellyesrankin in Internet.
Tags: applications, blog, facebook, friendster, hate, i, myspace, reasons, social network, websites, why
I know, I know. EVERYBODY is suppose to like Facebook. Everybody is saying that Facebook is the last website to hate. I agreed. I agreed, but not anymore. When I left MySpace, I thought it was awesome that I don’t have anymore website to worry about. Then just like everyone who migrated from MySpace to Facebook, I got on with it and joined facebook.
At first I loved facebook because it was much cleaner than MySpace. I thought I was free from all the bad things social networking can ever offer. No more weird names, all “real” people. Yes. I know, I was psyched just like you when you get a notification. *sigh* I know, so is everyone else. Just recently I just realized how I got addicted to Facebook just like everyone. Facebook is the drugs of the net. It’s like drugs in a form of a candy.
So why do I hate Facebook?
1. Applications. I hate applications down to my guts. I cannot stand getting 10 notification and being excited because I thought it’s someone important but its just applications. Some applications are just the most ridiculous things in the world. Facebook is flooded with applications that will NEVER make your life easier. They will only be there because they are. They are as uselesss as directions on your math test. I these so much that I almost wanna take drugs to pretend they dont exist.
2. Super duper Details about what people do. Arghhhh!!!! DARN!!! What the hell is wrong with people? Every single detail that someone does get put up on my home for me to know that they have taken the most pointless quiz in the world. It pisses me off. Noone has privacy because everything you do is shown in ALL of you friends home page. The privacy setting is as useless as the Nutrition Facts on your favorite chips.
Here is that it looks like on my page: [Ugly dude] just commented on [fat girl]….. [Guy I dont talk to] just Poked [someone I dont even know]…. [Filipino dude] just became single….. [girl not worth anything] is attending to a party….. [Asian dude] just gave a stupid gift to [the girl that never talks]…… [emo kid] is bored… [dumbest person] is a fan of [the worst band ever]….. [douchbag] just commented a photo with you…… [the cousin of a friend's friend's friend] just commented on [your backup friend]…… [the dude i hate] became friends with [someone from other side of US] because he saw her from people he should know……[someone i dont even care] just commented on the photo of [someone that he knows that I dont know]……AND THE LIST GOES ON…
3. Pointless Quizes. This bugs me the most. I hate it how people in Facebook dont have a life to have the time to freekin’ take stupid quizes. No, I don’t wanna know that your a pickachu. I don’t want to know that your a sword as a weapon. I don’t want to know that your 99.99% STUPID. I don’t want to know that you heart is a yellow. I don’t want to know that you’re a Michael Jordan as a BBall player. I dont want to know the first letter of your soulmate. I don’t want to know what kind of fruit you are. I don’t want to know what kind of final fantasy character you are. I don’t want to know what kind of pet you are. I don’t want to know how innocent you are. I don’t want to know your horrorscope. I don’t want to know what color you are. I don’t want to know what kind of intrument you are. I dont want to know how unique your name is. I dont want to know how ugly you are. Why? BECAUSE I DONT CARE!!! WHY THE HELL DO PEOPLE EVEN TAKE THESE STUPID QUIZES? If you take these quizes, you seriously have to get a life because nobody is going to notice how worthless you are…I feel so sorry for you, you stupid, wortless, little piece of crap. Your parents wasted their time making you only for you to take worthless quizes.
4. The Stupid things you can do in Facebook. Can you believe you can do the most ridiculous things in Facebook. You can Poke, you can buy gifts, you can take quizes and other crappy things. First of all, what the hell is Poke? You get a Poke message? Wow, Facebook designers must be taking snorting something when they made the site. Also, you can buy gifts? Now they must be buying drugs when they made this. Take quizes? They must be doing homework while on drugs to get this idea. The worst thing is that there freeking wired useless mini games. I get messages to ask me if I wanna join their Poker Team. Or to be part of their digital “Mob”. Or to play games with someone. You can even compare friends. Yeah, you know, how some friends are friends and some are back-up friends…yeah you know what I’m talking about. All I do is ignore because its useless. People who are part of these are IDIOT who have nothing to do. Who know, you might one of them. You can even be a fan ANYTHING, OR EVERYTHING that exist. How useless is that huh?
5. Pointless Notifications. I get notified because someone I don’t know comments on a photo with me on it. And I can’t tell you how it pisses me off when I get 58 of these notifications because everyone starts a conversation through comment on that pictures. It floods my notification for other important news(if there are any). I get notifications for someone freeking buying someone. Yes, I’ll repeat. Someone buying somone. Who is the person with no friends who came up with the idea to make something where you can buy someone. What a loner.
6. People’s Notes. Okay, I thought Facebook is heaven beause it doesnt have bulletins like MySpace. I was glad because I won’t have to see worthless, time wasting bulletins. But instead I was met with Notes. Yes, Notes. It’s the “bulletin” of Facebook. It is the cargo ship for chain letter and useless info. My most favorite (I hate most) is the 25 Random Facts. I always get tagged for NO apparent reason. Then when I read it, it was Armaggedon in text. People post the most useless facts about themselves. Some on which I hope I didn’t read. My guess is that they made that because just like the same reason in MySpace. They either don’t have a life or because they pray that the person they like would read it. Praying that it would impress the girl or guy they like. But to no avail.
Social Networking websites are just like whores. You get them and enjoy them and get addicted to them. Until something better comes out. Then you leave that and you switch go to the new one. Many Social Networking Websites have lived and they all expired and people left them.